Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Aero dressup ver 2.0 (spring 2008)


So, over the winter again I started having second thoughts about the sideskirts. The MH were getting mixed reviews from viewers. Not that I really care but they made one point clear...without the matching MH nose, the front end does not quite match up with the aggressiveness and depth of the sideskirts. The skirts visibly hung about 1/2" lower than the front lip. This fact also made them susceptible to speed bumps, freeway expansion joints and other road imperfections. In just one summer with them I had to repair the skirts 3x with black duct tape and touch up paint (the very first crack came within 24 hrs of getting the car out of the paint shop!) I realized they weren't going to last very long. Luckily Peter, a friend with another black NSX in Toronto was selling his Stacy Skirts (Stacy is the same dude who sold me his supercharger...see what a small world the nsx community is?). The Stacy Skirts were actually my first choice over the MH but I thought they were a bit too pricey. Now they were available for a good deal and my MH were getting mangled so I decided to head back to the body shop! So in April 2008 the car was once again dropped off at Fiore's for the new skirts, along with a vented Seibon Type R CF hood, the SOS NSX-R aluminum front under tray and matching FRP nose piece. I also had a set of 17/18 BBS LM Championship edition wheels refinished in copper my the boys at Alloy Wheel Repair in Stittsville. These wheels have always been one of my favourites and I bought it from Will in Calgary (he owns a red complete MH NSX imported from Japan) who replaced tehm with a set of TSW's purchased from another NSX (see how parts circulate amongst the community?). LOL.



Oh yes, in March 31, 2008 our little home was blessed with the arrival of Ella. Here she is testing the strength and comfort of my NSX-R hood ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment