Thursday, June 18, 2009

Alignment

Well, the NSX will be heading back to Calabogie for the first time in 2 years tomorrow. Oil and filter was changed last fall prior to storage. I checked the oil and its fully topped up and super clean (Mobil 1) so I'm gonna chance it this time (also due to lack of time to pick up a new filter at Acura) and just leave the oil as is. The alignment's been screaming to be done as I know its got too much toe in on the rears (visibly apparent!) and the camber is to severe after the coil-overs were installed. At the last minute I took her to Derek at Autovation right in town and after 2 hours, it was completed. I have to say the car drives beautifully now...so much so I cannot believe I held off on this often overlooked service for so long. The shudder at high speeds, twitchiness under braking is gone. Car tracks straight as an arrow. Turns out the left rear was at 3.5 degrees camber while the right was at 2 degrees. Fronts were both at 1 degrees which will kill front tires in track situations. After careful adjustments I am now at 2 degrees fronts, and 3 degrees rear, no more toe issues. Love it, and the best $150 spent so far! I actually took time off work in the middle of the day to do this...feels so good to play hookie :)

Bring on the Bogie!

No comments:

Post a Comment