Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Interior


One thing that bothered me about the interior was that it was just...so...dark...!
The gray carpet, black seats, dark titanium metal instrument cluster was very bland to these old eyes. I picked up an oem red interior carpet from Frank Spano in NYC, new oem CF shift boot and surround from RJP (who also supplied me with a set of titanium NSX keys...my car never came with them), a pair of red alcantara ITR Recaros off Neal of Team Toyo Street (they were in his Pink Skyline GTR show car), machined aluminum gauge rings from SOS, and CF door panel inserts and a double din CF dash from a hustler in Lithuania named Tamoske.

On an aside, Tamoske created quite the reputation for himself on NSX Prime. This is a very close knit community, and I'm proud to say a very trusting one too. Well Tamoske changed all that by offering CF bits for a very good price. What's wrong with that? Well, after pre-selling the parts, he basically complained that his "workers" ripped him off and ran off with all the money. It has been almost 2 years and Prime members are still waiting for their parts. This guy had spawned thread after thread on Prime and to this day any mention of Lithuania will be met with cocked heads and twitchy stares. Luckily I was never part of the GB and got my parts, but not before having to scam them off of him by promising parts he wanted in exchange. Yes, I had to lie to this bugger to get my paid for parts!! What a learning experience that was. In his defence though, the parts I received were very nice so all's well that ends well I suppose.

After I got the car back from Fiore it was dropped off at Warren's shop TINTFX in Gloucester where a new alarm was installed, the EDFC for the Tein suspension (this slick little unit controls the dampening via a dash mounted control), the gauge trim rings, CF parts, an Alpine HU with GPS, and a set of JDM LED DTRLs which were a gift from Adam of Feast AE/RS in Japan (good friend of mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment