Friday, April 9, 2010

She's home!

Yesterday afternoon (April 8) I took the afternoon off, managed to get to the storage facility (home of local snowbird Bernie who rented his garage to me over the winter), dropped in a new battery and after 3 anxious cranks brought the old C30A to life.

It was perfct timing. In a day full of heavy rain and thunderstorms the skies and roads cleared up just long enough to drive her home unskathed. I missed the sound and feel of the car and the stares all the way home. :) The nice thing was that as soon as it was safely parked in the garage, I got out and all the silly thoughts of selling or parting her out vapourized like so much winter fluff.

On my to-do list in the next week: new wheels (Advan RS) and tires (Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec: 215 40R17 and 275 35R18), getting that monster wing on, install the front vent shroud, new CF headlight covers, interior mirror, and of course the new license plates registered. Then off to Autovation for oil change, tech inspection and wheels install (I would normally do it but the black track wheels are welded to my hubs by the paint!).

No comments:

Post a Comment